Dental – Receptionist – Dental Insurance - Dental Front DeskPosted on July 25, 2019 Written by Cathy Allen
- Schedules and Confirms Appointments.
- Requires good telephone techniques.
- Handles patient reception.
- Manages Patient Records.
- Manages Business Records.
- Follows Accounting/Book keeping Procedures.
- Processes Patient Insurance.
- Prepares Written Business Communications.
- Handles Marketing for the Dental Office
Dental Front Desk Jobs Are Also Specialized, These Include:
- Patient Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator: The patient or clinical coordinator acts as the liaison between the treatment coordinator and the patient and/or the dentist and the patient. After the treatment plan is explained to the patient by either the dentist or the treatment coordinator, the patient coordinator then accesses the treatment rooms available that is appropriate for the procedure then appoints that patient accordingly.
- Treatment Coordinator: A treatment coordinator acts as the liaison between the dentist and the patient.
- Insurance Specialist: An Insurance Specialist processes Insurance forms and has the knowledge of dental, medical coding or both. See Online Training programs for crossing dental to medical coding at http://www.warschawlearninginstitute.com/showPage.php?pg=DentalworkersContinuingEducation
- Patient Collections Specials: A Patient Collections Specialist has the knowledge to contact patients who are delinquent in payments, sets up payment plans and works directly with outside collection agencies.