Dentists – General Dentists
Posted on July 25, 2018
Written by Cathy Allen
Dental Job – Implants
General Dentist: DMD or DDS
- Examines patients' teeth and mouth.
- Analyzes x-rays and evaluates dental needs.
- Plans treatment and health promotion programs.
- Administers anesthetics to patients.
- Treats teeth and tissue problems using equipment and tools, such as drills or mouth mirrors.
- Cleans teeth using a variety of brushes, probes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains
- Cleans out and fills in cavities, rebuilds broken teeth, replaces missing teeth, and pulls out unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Extracts teeth, makes models for replacement teeth, and takes accurate measurements for new teeth.
- Performs surgery on gums or on supporting bones.
- Provides instruction on dental care.
- Writes prescriptions for patients.
- Keeps records of the work done on patients.
- Business Tasks
- Manages and hires staff.
- Supervises workers and office processes including
- Bookkeeping and buying equipment and supplies.