Dental - Lab Technician - Laboratory Technician
Ceramists - Lab Technicians – TechnicianPosted on July 25, 2017 Written by Cathy Allen
Dental technicians or technologists design and repair devices for the treatment, replacement and protection of damaged, badly positioned or missing teeth.
- Creates bands and implants.
- Consults with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases.
- Designs, fabricates or repairs dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and clasps.
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices.
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices.
- Prepares plaster models and moulds from dental impressions.
- Prepares wax bite-blocks and impression trays.
- Casts gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases.
- Packs plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures.
- Moulds wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums.
- Makes orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals.
- Finishes metal framework of dentures and polish and buffs dentures to obtain natural finish.
There Are Also Specialists That Provide Dental Lab Services For Each Department Within The Dental Lab.
- Ceramic Dental Molder
- Orthodontic Dental Technician
- Implant Dental Technician
- Denture Technician
- Crown and Bridge Dental Lab
- Model and Dye
- Metal Finisher
- Porcelain Technician
- Survey Technician
- Dental Laboratory Bench Worker
- Dental Technician
- Dental Technician Supervisor
- Dental Technologist
- Denture Finisher
- Denture Wax