Dental Lab Technician Job DescriptionPosted on July 25, 2017 Written by Cathy Allen
Dental technicians or technologists design and repair devices for the treatment, replacement and protection of damaged, badly positioned or missing teeth.
- Creates bands and implants.
- Consults with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases.
- Designs, fabricates or repairs dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and clasps.
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices.
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices.
- Prepares plaster models and moulds from dental impressions.
- Prepares wax bite-blocks and impression trays.
- Casts gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases.
- Packs plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures.
- Moulds wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums.
- Makes orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals.
- Finishes metal framework of dentures and polish and buffs dentures to obtain natural finish.
There Are Also Specialists That Provide Dental Lab Services For Each Department Within The Dental Lab.
- Ceramic Dental Molder
- Orthodontic Dental Technician
- Implant Dental Technician
- Denture Technician
- Crown and Bridge Dental Lab
- Model and Dye
- Metal Finisher
- Porcelain Technician
- Survey Technician
- Dental Laboratory Bench Worker
- Dental Technician
- Dental Technician Supervisor
- Dental Technologist
- Denture Finisher
- Denture Wax